I went to a recording of The Graham Norton Show on Thursday with my older sister and it was definitely a night to remember. Now, the episode, which was shown last night on BBC1 was very well edited and only showed a fraction of what happened on Thursday. Sure, Mark Wahlberg was very drunk, groped Graham Norton’s nipples and made a complete fool out of himself but there were quite a few other highly awkward moments which were left out of last night’s episode.
- Mark kept groping Sarah A LOT. It was uncomfortable to watch and thank god most of his “flirting” wasn’t shown as his poor wife would be mortified.
- The episode made Michael seem like a spare part but he spoke a bit about his upcoming role - Frank Sidebottom and came across rather charming.
- I’m not entirely sure what exactly he was doing but when Michael was briefly speaking about Frank, Mark was acting a bit aloof/pretending not to care. The famous quote - “An actor is the guy who if you’re not talking about them, they aren’t listening” fitted this situation.
- Sarah and Graham both looked very uncomfortable, but it didn’t come across that way in the edit.
- I’m not sure what he was doing before the show started but Mark only had ONE glass of red wine, which he finished very quickly and put down the side of the sofa. (Notice how in the episode, one minute there’s a glass of wine on the table and then there’s glasses of water).